The Art House Creative Workshops 2021
Set Design with Emma Vine
Participants will attend a full day workshop hosted by Production Designer Emma Vine. Emma is a NIDA graduate who's design credits include Spamalot (One Eyed Man Productions), Possum Magic (Monkey Baa Theatre Company),
Heathers: The Musical (national tour), and The Overcoat (Belvoir 25A). She has designed for theatre, opera, musical theatre, dance,
television and film.
In 2017 Emma was nominated for Best Emerging Designer at the 2017 Australian Production Design Guild Awards.
What will be covered:
- What is Set Design
- Process from initial design ideas to final product
- Minimalistic vs Realistic vs Abstract sets
- Creating the visual language and rules of the world
- Communication of your design ideas
- Working with other creatives
- Sourcing - materials/tips
- Working within a space
- And more!
Date/Time: Saturday 29 May, 10AM - 5PM
- There will be a 1 hour lunch break (you will need to bring your own lunch)
- Morning tea, afternoon snacks and tea/coffee/water will be provided for the day.
Who can attend:
- Those who have been involved in a performing arts group as part of a creative team. (e.g. community theatre, school, commercial - all are welcome)
- Must have some knowledge/understanding of Set Design.
- Minimum age 15 years - all ages.
Numbers will be capped at 15 participants so get in quick to reserve your place!