The Art House Creative Workshops 2021
Acting with Shaun Rennie
Shaun Rennie is an award winning, professional theatre director based out of Sydney. His work includes the Australian Premier productions of numerous plays
and musicals (Tennessee Williams’ 'Baby Doll', 'Only Heaven Knows', 'The View UpStairs') as well as professional revivals of existing works
('Rent', 'I Am My Own Wife', 'You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown'). He has worked with Tony Award winning designers and some of Australia’s
most acclaimed actors.
During the day Shaun will guide you through a series of warm ups designed to break the ice and get you out of your head. Shaun will then introduce you
to a series of techniques and methods that you can use in auditions and as you prepare for your next performance. Starting with “finding your neutral”
moving onto voice work, movement and finishing with some script analysis skills. You will leave the day with some techniques to have in your toolbox
next time you approach a text.
Date/Time: Sunday 22 May, 10AM - 5PM
- There will be a 1 hour lunch break (you will need to bring your own lunch)
- Morning tea, afternoon snacks and tea/coffee/water will be provided for the day.
Who can attend:
- Those who have been involved in a performing arts group as an actor. (e.g. community theatre, school, professional - all are welcome)
- Must have some knowledge/prior experience in Acting.
- Minimum age 15 years - all ages.
Numbers will be capped at 15 participants so get in quick to reserve your place!