Updated as at 21st March 2022
We want you to feel safe and comfortable during your visit, so you can find all our COVID Safety measures
on this page. With a joint effort from us all, we can come together to enjoy the theatre again. Please take the time to read these guidelines before
attending a show.
The Art House entry requirements follow the current Public Health Order.
All scheduled shows between July and October 2021 were cancelled or postponed. Please see this page for the status of each show affected. All ticket holders have been notified by email regarding rescheduled dates and opportunity for refund.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT RETURNING TO THE THEATRE?
- Proof of vaccination is no longer required
- Face masks are no longer mandatory, but highly encouraged within all areas of the theatre.
- Seating in the theatre is at 100% capacity with no vacant seats held between bookings.
- QR code check in is highly recommended upon entry. Art House staff will be on hand should you need assistance.
OTHER COVID SAFE MEASURES
- Interval extended to 30 minutes where possible, to allow time for exit/re-entry, bar sales, and visiting the restroom without overcrowding.
- Social distancing where practical - please observe social distancing where practical whilst in the foyer, queuing for entry, or visiting
the bar and restrooms, and wear your mask at all times.
- Paperless tickets (book online!) – we encourage all patrons to book online to receive tickets by email to reduce contact and queuing at the Box Office. You do not need to print out your tickets as you may show them on your phone.
- Cash payments discouraged – please pay with credit or debit card to reduce contact and cash handling for you and our staff. We accept Visa, MasterCard, and EFTPOS at the Box Office, Café and Bar.
- Enhanced daily cleaning regimes – high contact areas are frequently cleaned and sanitised.
- Sanitiser provided throughout the building – please continue to practice good hand hygiene when using restrooms, and use the hand
sanitiser provided while moving through the venue.
- Staff training in COVID Safety – our staff are educated on COVID Safety measures and abide by our COVID Safety Plan.
- Refund/Exchange Policy:
In the event of a performance being cancelled or rescheduled due to COVID-19, the ticket buyer will be entitled to exchange their tickets to the new date, convert their ticket price into a gift voucher valid for 3 years, or obtain a full refund when contacted by our Box Office staff at the time of cancellation.
Any payments made using Service NSW Discover vouchers will be converted into an Art House Gift Voucher (valid for 3 years), and the remaining balance refunded back the way it was purchased (e.g. to credit card or EFTPOS).
Once tickets are exchanged for a rescheduled performance, the new transaction is final, and our standard refund/exchange policy will come into effect. Under this policy, tickets are not refundable and cannot be exchanged except as set out in the LPA Code of Practice for Event Ticketing in Australia.
If you are feeling unwell with COVID-19 symptoms, awaiting COVID test results, or are currently required to self-isolate, please do not attend the theatre.
will be able to receive a gift voucher for the value of the ticket purchase to use for a future show at The Art House (valid for
3 years). Please contact our Box Office via phone (02 4335 1485) or email ([email protected]
) up to 4 hours
prior to your performance start time as indicated on your ticket. For shows over the weekend your refund may be processed on the next working day, but you must still notify the Box Office up to 4 hours prior to performance time. If you notify the Box Office within 4 hours of a performance commencing,
we are unable to issue credit, but you are welcome to give your ticket to someone else to attend in your place. If you become unwell and are unable to attend, someone may attend in your place.
Please do not visit The Art House if you;
- feel unwell
- have experienced cold or flu like symptoms in the past 14 days
- are awaiting the results of a COVID test
- have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19
- are currently required to self-isolate
We continue to take advice from the NSW Government Department of Health, as well as from Live Performance Australia, the peak body for the live performance
We encourage you to download the COVID Safe App to help stop the spread.