Updated as at 02/10/2020
We’re thrilled to welcome you back to the theatre. We want you to feel safe and comfortable during your visit, so you can find all our COVID Safety measures
on this page. With a joint effort from us all, we can come together to enjoy the theatre again. Please take the time to read these guidelines before
attending a show.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO KNOW?
- Social distancing in seat allocation – seats are now allocated in accordance with social distancing measures. This means there will
be 2 seats left vacant between every ticketed “bubble”. This may mean you are not able to sit right beside all members of your group. Please help
us with these changes by sitting in your ticketed seat. Moving or changing seats is not permitted and will affect other audience members. Please
speak to a member of The Art House staff if there are problems.
- Theatre capacity reduced – capacity regulations on indoor gatherings require 1 person per 4m² or up to 50% capacity, so our total
theatre capacity is reduced. Please be aware that tickets may be in high demand and could sell out quicker than usually expected. Click here to download our Socially Distanced Seating Plan.
- Staggered exit from the theatre – at interval & the end of the performance you will be asked to stay in your ticketed seat. Each
row will be called by The Art House ushers to exit the theatre one-by-one, to ensure flow of movement and continued social distancing on departure.
- Interval extended to 30 minutes - to allow time for exit/re-entry, bar sales, and visiting the restroom without overcrowding.
- Paperless tickets (book online!) – we encourage all patrons to book online to receive tickets by email. You can then simply show them
to ushers on your mobile device to reduce contact and queuing at the Box Office (and paper saving!). Please do not print out your tickets. If you
book via the Box Office email tickets will be encouraged with print-for-collection limited.
- Online tickets limited – while our capacity is reduced, tickets will only be able to be purchased in sets of 2 via our website. If
you require 1, 3 or more tickets please call our Box Office and our staff will assist you with your purchase.
- Cash payments discouraged – please pay with credit or debit card to reduce contact and cash handling for you and our staff. This will
keep you safe and make service quicker! We accept Visa, MasterCard, and EFTPOS cards at the Box Office, Café and Bar.
- Enhanced daily cleaning regimes – high contact areas are frequently cleaned and sanitised.
- Sanitiser provided throughout the building – please continue to practice good hand hygiene when using restrooms, and use the hand
sanitiser provided while moving through the venue.
- Staff training in COVID Safety – our staff are educated on COVID Safety measures and abide by our COVID Safety Plan.
- Refund/Exchange Policy:
In the event of a performance being cancelled or rescheduled due to COVID-19, the ticket buyer will be entitled to exchange their tickets to the new date or obtain a full refund when contacted by our Box Office staff at the time of cancellation.
Once tickets are exchanged for a rescheduled performance, the new transaction is final, and our standard refund/exchange policy will come into effect. Under this policy, tickets are not refundable and cannot be exchanged except as set out in the LPA Code of Practice for Event Ticketing in Australia.
If you are feeling unwell with COVID-19 symptoms, awaiting COVID test results, or have recently returned from overseas or a COVID Hotspot, please do not attend the theatre. You
will be able to receive a credit/gift certificate for the value of the ticket purchase to use for a future show at The Art House (valid for
3 years). Please contact our Box Office via phone (02 4335 1485) or email (email@example.com) up to 4 hours prior to your performance start time as indicated on your ticket. If you notify the Box Office within 4 hours of a performance commencing,
we are unable to issue credit, but you are welcome to give your ticket to someone else to attend in your place. If you become unwell and are
unable to attend, someone may attend in your place.
Please do not visit The Art House if you;
- feel unwell
- have experienced cold or flu like symptoms in the past 14 days
- are awaiting the results of a COVID test
- have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19
- have returned from overseas or a hotspot area
We continue to take advice from the NSW Government Department of Health, as well as from Live Performance Australia, the peak body for the live performance
For the latest advice and information please go to www.health.gov.au. Download the COVID Safe App to help stop