Updated as at 04/01/2021
We’re thrilled to welcome you back to the theatre. We want you to feel safe and comfortable during your visit, so you can find all our COVID Safety measures
on this page. With a joint effort from us all, we can come together to enjoy the theatre again. Please take the time to read these guidelines before
attending a show.
As of January 4th 2021 it is mandatory to wear a face mask when attending the theatre. Children under 12 and those with exemptions are encouraged to wear a mask where practical. All Art House staff will wear face masks.
As of January 1st 2021 performances at The Art House will comply with the latest legislation of 75% capacity and no social distancing in
the theatre i.e. no vacant seats between bookings.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO KNOW?
- Mandatory face masks - it is now mandatory to wear a face mask when attending the theatre. If you didn't bring one with you,
they will be available from the Box Office.
- Social distancing - social distancing should be adhered to whilst in the foyer, queuing for entry, or visiting the bar and restrooms.
- Compulsory digital check-in upon entry via QR code for all audience members. Art House staff will be on hand to assist with check-in
at the main foyer doors.
- Theatre capacity reduced – capacity regulations on indoor gatherings require 1 person per 4m² or up to 75% capacity, so our total
theatre capacity is reduced. Please be aware that tickets may be in high demand and could sell out quicker than usually expected.
- Staggered exit from the theatre – at interval & the end of the performance you will be asked to stay in your ticketed seat. Each
row will be called by The Art House ushers to exit the theatre one-by-one, to ensure flow of movement and continued social distancing on departure.
- Interval extended to 30 minutes - to allow time for exit/re-entry, bar sales, and visiting the restroom without overcrowding.
- Alcoholic beverages from the bar must be consumed while sitting.
- Paperless tickets (book online!) – we encourage all patrons to book online to receive tickets by email. You can then simply show them
to ushers on your mobile device to reduce contact and queuing at the Box Office (and paper saving!). Please do not print out your tickets. If you
book via the Box Office email tickets will be encouraged with print-for-collection limited.
- Cash payments discouraged – please pay with credit or debit card to reduce contact and cash handling for you and our staff. This will
keep you safe and make service quicker! We accept Visa, MasterCard, and EFTPOS cards at the Box Office, Café and Bar.
- Enhanced daily cleaning regimes – high contact areas are frequently cleaned and sanitised.
- Sanitiser provided throughout the building – please continue to practice good hand hygiene when using restrooms, and use the hand
sanitiser provided while moving through the venue.
- Staff training in COVID Safety – our staff are educated on COVID Safety measures and abide by our COVID Safety Plan.
- Refund/Exchange Policy:
In the event of a performance being cancelled or rescheduled due to COVID-19, the ticket buyer will be entitled to exchange their tickets to the new date or obtain a full refund when contacted by our Box Office staff at the time of cancellation.
Once tickets are exchanged for a rescheduled performance, the new transaction is final, and our standard refund/exchange policy will come into effect. Under this policy, tickets are not refundable and cannot be exchanged except as set out in the LPA Code of Practice for Event Ticketing in Australia.
If you are feeling unwell with COVID-19 symptoms, awaiting COVID test results, or are currently required to self-isolate, please do not attend the theatre. You
will be able to receive a credit/gift certificate for the value of the ticket purchase to use for a future show at The Art House (valid for
3 years). Please contact our Box Office via phone (02 4335 1485) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) up to 4 hours prior to your performance start time as indicated on your ticket. If you notify the Box Office within 4 hours of a performance commencing,
we are unable to issue credit, but you are welcome to give your ticket to someone else to attend in your place. If you become unwell and are
unable to attend, someone may attend in your place.
Please do not visit The Art House if you;
- feel unwell
- have experienced cold or flu like symptoms in the past 14 days
- are awaiting the results of a COVID test
- have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19
- are currently required to self-isolate
We continue to take advice from the NSW Government Department of Health, as well as from Live Performance Australia, the peak body for the live performance
We encourage you to download the COVID Safe App to help stop the spread.